- Christmas Celebration
- Live Stream the Christmas Program
- 2022 Christmas Program
- Thanks for Supporting the J&FC Rock On 2022
- Jessica & Friends Community's 25th Anniversary Trip to the Holy Land
- ROCK ON 2022
- Many Thanks to Roundtop Acres
- Garden Tour to Benefit Jessica & Friends Community
- Thank You for Supporting J&FC through Give Local York 2022
- 2022 Give Local York
- Check out the Spring 2022 J&FC Newsletter!
Ministry Today From Our Foundersby Desiree | 1:52pm February 1st, 2018
Ministry today has become quite difficult! After being in ministry for almost four-and-one-half decades, I realize I was trained in a different world than the one in which I now find myself. Once we could ask people on what basis they hoped to go to heaven; now we live in a world that either ignores heaven or disbelieves it. Once we ministered among unchurched people who would more or less agree that going to church is a good thing, but now they find church a quaint relic of a bygone era. Once we could safely assume that people had a respect for the Bible, even if they had not read it or did not understand it.
When I grew up in Lisbon, Iowa, schools did not schedule sports on Wednesday night because it interfered with prayer meeting, stores remained closed on Sundays, and my father was one of the most respected men in town simply because he was a pastor.
We now minister in a different world where gender is considered fluid, marriage is temporary, morals are malleable, and personal autonomy—sexual, moral, and economic—is the greatest good and highest goal. Biblical literacy has been replaced by indifference and disdain.
Christians now often find themselves embarrassed by the Bible and find its truth terribly inconvenient. The Bible contains the good news of the gospel and deals with the brokenness of people who long for wholeness. Each one of us daily is exposed to the brokenness of humanity and for Paulette and me, who daily read the Bible together and individually, realize the Word of God is not a cause for embarrassment, but a source of life.
May we encourage each one of you to daily read the Bible, if only for five minutes. It will make a big difference in your life if you only begin by reading one of the 31 chapters in Proverbs each day, reading the chapter that corresponds with the date. The daily discipline of Bible reading trains our hearts and minds to recognize the voice of God more and more, eventually drowning out the dark, deceitful voices of the world.
Peter and Paulette Teague
- Virtual Christmas Presentation
- Fall 2021 J&FC Newsletter is available. Check out the latest here.
- Prepare to be Inspired this Christmas!
- Rock On Thank You!
- Jessica & Friends Community Partners with CommunityAid
- ROCK ON for Jessica & Friends Community
- Handel's Ice Cream Pint Card Fundraiser Thank You
- Cars & Coffee Thank You!
- Handel's Ice Cream Pint Card Fundraiser
- Cars and Coffee Charity Event
- Thank You!
- A Little Can Go a Long Way
- DINE & DONATE
- Pit Beef Fundraiser
- Tutoni's Rig-A-Toni Cold Rig Coming to Pathway York
- Happy Easter
- Good Friday
- Palm Sunday
- Happy Valentine's Day
- Happy New Year!
- A Virtual Christmas Celebration
- Join Us for a Virtual Christmas Celebration
- Thanksgiving Blessings
- Jessica & Friends Community Celebrates 22 Years Serving Individuals with Autism and Intellectual Disabilities
- Fall 2020 Jessica & Friends Newsletter is available. Check it out!
- The Serenity Prayer
- Happy Direct Support Professionals Week
- A Successful Day!
- You Ask Why I Follow This Jesus?
- Every Garden is a Canvas!
- Thank You!
- Check Out J&FC's Spring Newsletter
- Give Local York 2020
- Lenten Reflection
- Happy New Year!
- Christmas Shoeboxes - Giving Back to Our Community
- Winter Art Day with De Ann Roe
- Happy Thanksgiving
- Winter Art with De Ann Roe
- Mark Your Calendars! A Community Brunch
- Jessica & Friends Celebrates 20 Years
- Art Contest at Markets at Hanover
- Drumming In The Park
- Art In The Community
- 2018 Gala Invitations Are In The Mail!
- Pathway Services York Celebrates 8 years
- Art with De Ann Roe
- Dr Teague Speaks at York Rotary North
- Pathway Services Hanover Celebrates 4 Years
- Staff Appreciation
- Puberty Programs For Special Learners
- Ministry Today From Our Founders